How many people visited my page

Monday 14 January 2013

Life in Qatar is so different

Life is so different in Qatar from Europe or anywhere else.
In Europe you have a really rushy life. You have appointments, perhaps work, perhaps studies, perhaps meetings, perhaps places to be at. You can get to these places very easily. The transportation system is build up in a very practical way. You've got buses, bicycles, and taxis which all make it easier for you to travel around. You can even walk! But when you live in Qatar, it's a whole different story.

The whole country is build up in a way so that you really need to use transportation in order to get somewhere. One reason is the burning heat that we have throughout most of the year. It sometimes get's up to 60 + degrees. Yeah, you don't wanna walk in that fire, believe me. Second thing is that they have poor transportation systems. When it comes to buses f.ex  they barely have any for average people. They mainly have buses for people who work out on the field- workers. They got lot's of taxis but it's so crowded that you need to order a taxi at least 2 hours before! Do you see what I mean?
So, the only choice people really have is to get a driving license!




However, during October, November, December, January and February the weather is enjoyable!
I'm not complaining, by the way. I love Qatar for the country it is. I love the fact that everything is so relaxed and calm here. There's barely any stress, and one get's so much time for Ibadah and other useful things.


It's almost as if you get to educate yourself here. Build up your skills and achieve great things directly from your home! :D

I think that Qatar did an amazing job, building up itself from being a desert into being a fully functioning country with a great system. Thinking about the fact that only 60 years ago everything used to be blankets of sand covering the country, makes me want to applaud it.

One thing is important though.. Not to stay idle and alone all the time. It simply depresses a person so much. I've lived here for almost a year and a half now and I still haven't gone into a social circle quiet yet. It makes me sad sometimes, because I am a very social person after all. My best friend is my husband but he works a lot so i get to spend a lot of time on my own which i try to use in the best way I can.I am hoping in shaa Allah that i'll get to meet more friends when I start to Uni soon :)

Whenever we have time we go out together and enjoy the beautiful January weather. It's getting really cold lately and it feels amazing!

Reading a book in the fresh air and having a sweet mango drink is really enjoyable. I think more people should and live in Qatar, it is so different in such an interesting and wonderful way :)



I even love the part that it's an Islamic country, and you are never criticized  for who you are. love love love Qatar!



This is Qatars biggest mosque. It is so huge and beautiful inside! :) Like a castle.




No comments:

Post a Comment