How many people visited my page

Monday 15 April 2013

Poem: A kiss of the rain

Assalau Alikom!

I wrote this poem on December the 16th year 2009 and edited it on April the 15th year 2013

A kiss of the rain
 
As softly as it gently fell,
I heard tipsy sounds on my window.
I could already predict and tell,
that it was playing in the rose's shadow.
It wished us no harm but only well,
so the shiny drops fell so low so slow

As rain gave us a watery crown,
many faces were filled with grimness.
Please do not, oh do not frown, 
for it is finally raining, so don't be careless.
Don't be sad, oh don't be down.
Please do not wander in blindness

Lift your kind and warm hand,
and watch the drops caressing your palm.
It washes away sins from man,
and slows your heartbeat from fast to calm. 
Wasn't it soft as feather sand
when it glided down your arm?

I gazed trough the soft rain
and caught a glimpse of purple delight
When it fell i felt no pain,
as though the drops were lighter than light.
It was bound to my heart with a gentle chain,
oh, you sweeter than sweet rain.

With my soul I kissed the shiny drops,
because rain brought me happiness and bliss.
I will love the rain until my dear heart stops,
and I will forever long for the rain's soft kiss.


I kissed the rain for it's kindness.


1 comment: